• Page:

TOPIC:

Only 1 Steelhead starting Jan.9th Dec 10, 2021 6:03 am #32886

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1763
some of Michigan's top streams will be implementing a 1 Steelhead limit starting January 9th. NRC sets new rules.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Only 1 Steelhead starting Jan.9th Dec 10, 2021 7:07 am #32887

• reel fun
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 212
Is there a link to the specifics on this? I had heard some discussion on this topic, but was unsure of all the rules. I thought I read it was a spring (March15-May?) reduced bag limit on the bear, manistee, PM, and muskegon?

Only 1 Steelhead starting Jan.9th Dec 10, 2021 7:34 am #32888

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1763
LANSING—The state Natural Resource Commission has reduced the steelhead daily bag limit from three to one during the spring spawning season in some Michigan tributaries with decreasing fish populations.On Thursday, the commission unanimously approved NRC Commissioner David Nyberg’s amendment to a fishery order on bag limits to be proactive in addressing declining steelhead populations in Bear Creek, Manistee River, Pere Marquette, Muskegon River, Manistique River, and Carp River. The bag limit for prized game fish, which applies between March 15 and May 15, will go into effect Jan. 9.
SPONSORThe steelhead population in Lake Michigan has steadily declined from 3.5 million in 2011 to just under 3 million in 2018, according to the Department of Natural Resources. Steelhead populations at Little Manistee Weir dropped significantly from just over 6,000 in 2002 to just under 2,000 in 2020. 
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

• Page: