Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Expanding Management of Conflicts Associated with Double-crested Cormorants Feb 24, 2021 11:25 pm #29905

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1763
Good afternoon All - I am reaching out to let everyone know that the Double-crested Cormorant Public Webinars have been scheduled for February 22 (2-4 EDT) and March 2 (2-4 EDT). To attend one or both, of these webinars to hear about the new rule and next steps for implementation, you will need to register. You can find registration information on the FWS Cormorant website:  www.fws.gov/regulations/cormorant/   This site also provides information on FAQ's, and links to the new ePermit application form. If you have any questions or problems with registration, please feel free to reach out. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Expanding Management of Conflicts Associated with Double-crested Cormorants | U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service - FWS The double-crested cormorant (cormorant, Phalacrocorax auritus) is a fish-eating migratory bird distributed across a large portion of North America. Pursuant to the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), it is protected from take unless authorized by the Secretary of the Interior (16 U.S.C. §§ 703-712 ... www.fws.gov Rachael PierceMigratory Bird BiologistDOI Region 32651 Coolidge Rd. Suite 101East Lansing, MI 48823This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.(517) 351-5219 
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Expanding Management of Conflicts Associated with Double-crested Cormorants Feb 25, 2021 6:09 am #29906

• BNature
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1461
I didn't see this notice until too late. Did you tune in?  I have seen the proposal however. It seems to be better than nothing but really not do much to curb the population, rather just to stablilize it at current levels.  It should be a federal responsibility but instead of doing something, the USFWS is just "permitting" state and tribal agencies to do something and then with strict guidelines almost guaranteed to weaken intervention efforts. 

What did you think if you tuned in?   

Expanding Management of Conflicts Associated with Double-crested Cormorants Feb 25, 2021 7:57 am #29907

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1763
Missed the first one Mike I got this notice late, so will be sitting in on March 2nd date. 

Agreed  would like to see more removed,,something is better then nothing. Hopefully not a one and done.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

• Page: