Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trolling bags. Feb 23, 2016 9:42 am #4904

• Steelie Don
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 527

I have a 5 Gallon bucket with holes in the bottom for a troll "sock". It actually works well if you don't mind the plastic knocking on the boat every now and then. I connect it to the front winch connection and it worked well for me this spring and you can pick them up for cheap and they should last for years. Note my boat is a 17.5 Foot so may need 2 buckets for a 28 footer.

I have not tied my bags to the bow eye yet. It seems like a good idea as you would have the bucket/bag in the middle and you would have less steering effect. I would think though in rough water facing into the waves that would cause your bow to be very slow to come up out of the water or it would cause you to stick the bow under water. I would think running them amid ship would be safer in rough water. Steering an issue? I use two bags and use a little more throttle to keep speed.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Steelie Don.

Trolling bags. Feb 23, 2016 9:58 am #4906

• Steelie Don
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 527

I'm going to try the Amish outfitters bags next year. I have been using the red heavy bags from BPS and they only last a couple trips. If anyone has a better suggestion I would like to hear it

There are some trolling bags/socks you can get off Amazon for 16 bucks per and free shipping and they are made in the USA. I use them on my boat and they work very well and they are constructed of some very tough materials. They hold no water and have a dump strap to empty the bag to make it easier to bring in. Great bang for your buck.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: