• Page:

TOPIC:

Do What's Right Jan 21, 2022 10:02 pm #33041

• Dirty
  • Dirty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1721
So simple subject.  There are various reasons for people to be here on this site, and in no uncertain order:
1)  Brag
2) Teach
3) Learn
4) Make Friends

I started this site with the objective to be meeting people and grow our overall fishing knowledge.  While we have a good number of registered users (over 1300), its clear to me that there are actually more that dont participate.  I get it, you have to register, and that is a pain in the butt........but once you do, you have endless information and the ability to talk with other anglers.

Join the site.  If you have issues, contact me, and I will assist in anyway possible.  Sometimes things might take a few days, I have (on average) 30-40 spammers try to penetrate the site per day.  It certainly is challenging and is alot of work.

At the end of the day, the sponsors we have are 100% to the tournament payouts, I fund the site personally and all I want is for you guys to learn, and make friendships.  The only thing I want from my commitment, is yours, to share some knowledge and experience with others.  

There is lots of fish out there, lets help each other enjoy life.

Also - The South End has seemingly become the largest site on all of the Great Lakes.  There is a reason for that, and that is our great users that share information.  Thank You!
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob, Plane to Sea, Tmik34, reel fun, Sundevil, Pikesmith, northwind, Hooked, Webster3, Wallin, kingme, Wildkat Tim, Joez, Allseasonangler, edac, Ltrain, Keh5803, Perch Jerker, grady1007, tommy_tater

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dirty.

Do What's Right Jan 21, 2022 10:17 pm #33042

• northwind
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Thank you Jeff for all your hard work and time you put into this site! I love that when someone posts a report, asks a question, or tells a story that it is 99.9 all positive feedback and comments. So many of the FB pages is just arguing, fighting, and complaining. Thank you again for all your efforts. 
WICKED IV
Grady White 305 Express
Twin 350 Yamaha outboards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty

Do What's Right Jan 21, 2022 10:17 pm #33043

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I guess with all that being said, I would like to thank everyone that has truly helped make this a success.

Bill Forrest
Tim Mikes
Steve Qualizza
Ed Erdelac
Bob Nikolich
A ton of Others**

Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmik34, Joez

Do What's Right Jan 21, 2022 10:21 pm #33044

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
At the end of the day, lets share knowledge and catch fish!  :)
Boatless!

Do What's Right Jan 21, 2022 10:35 pm #33045

• Steelie Don
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 527
Don’t be afraid to contribute in anyway you think can help. There are others who will benefit from your knowledge, expertise and experience. There are lots of categories to weigh in on. Been a big help to me.
My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

Do What's Right Jan 22, 2022 8:18 am #33046

• BNature
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1459
Great site and a lot of work. I appreciate it greatly.  I'm sure if you ever have the need to recoup some of your expenses you'll lose a lot of the followers. For me, however, I'll be the first to sign up and pay up.  

Do What's Right Jan 22, 2022 7:50 pm #33053

• Stroke of Luck
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 411
I'm in the recoup of costs. I don't always post much in-season unless I have something fairly interesting to add but I do check the site before each trip from discussion forums to weather. I'm in if you want to start donations.

Do What's Right Jan 23, 2022 3:54 pm #33062

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I dont much care about costs  (unless I lose my job - then I might need help, lets plan on that never happening ;) ).  I wanted to make it clear that this site is not a profit center for me like other great lakes fishing sites are to their owners.   I guess my point was that there about 2x - 3x the amount of people that gather information and don't register - I can see all of this with google analytics..  Most people that register, contribute at some point (and that's perfect).  I would just like to see more of the pub visitors register and contribute to the conversation.  Surely nothing aimed at anyone that is registered :).  Even if its just once a while, that's great. 

Geoff, your contributions are great, everyone hates you for your Costa Rica trips :)  or well mostly just jealous haha.

Register -> Join The Conversation -> Make Friends and Catch!
Boatless!

Do What's Right Jan 23, 2022 5:42 pm #33066

• Fish head
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Jeff, Thank you for all your hard work, I agree it would be nice to see everyone help everyone catch fish. I understand close to tournament time fishing news is quite. But rest of time it would be nice to have input with area to fish,dept and technique. They are alot of us I time that use the site to have fun,making memories fishing with family and friends. I appreciate the help from all who have helped me with information, techniques ,catching fish and making some get memories. Spring coming, can't wait to get back on lake lol

Do What's Right Jan 23, 2022 5:55 pm #33067

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I think the biggest problem in new people putting out information when they are new to the sport is people putting them off, putting them down, making fun of them, because they are new.  I am really happy that is a rarity here.  Thats' a function of our moderators, our great users, and the overall class of anglers that truly care.  I dont think I could be more proud of our user base.   It is rare that we have to deal with the village idiot.   In the grand scheme, our lives are short, lets enjoy each other and our resources while we can.  
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fish head, StormJunkie

• Page: