• Page:

TOPIC:

License Fee Changes for 2022 Dec 24, 2021 11:01 am #32953

• Lickety-Split
  • Lickety-Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1763
Glad to take advantage of the senior for life, includes trout stamp  I don't mind paying alittle extra for my fishing license, BUT HOW MUCH goes directly back into the fishing side of the states DNR? I know that all the energy and feed cost are going up to support the hatcheries. I suspect that smolt cost has gone up over time. Add in to that that our hatcheries are raising Steelhead and Coho to larger sizes to help offset the loss at smolts being smaller. Which means that valuable hatchery space is hard to come by. In 2023 Michigan will stock 1 million Kings, and Indiana will probably increase where they can to try to achieve somewhere between 275,000-325,000 kings.
Change is slow, but change is happening. There were kings to be caught this fall in Portage. Been a very long time in coming. Trail Creek had 1 and 2 year old fish entering that system this fall.. Don't forget about the 500,00 that Michigan has stocked at the St. Joe and Grand.

Does get rough when you look at the deer hunting changes. Farmers feed them, and state is gonna make their $$$ off of them. My thoughts are this may price some out of deer hunting. Or it will be the reason road hunting goes up in certain areas. The number of hunters are decreasing along with deer processors. The ones still in business are raising there prices. 125$ might get you a skin job and a quick cut. If you want specialty stuff then the price starts to go up alot more. Private land is hard to get on, and state property gets pushed fairly hard.
Lickety-Split

Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: